My philosophy of training is that any student of mine can build from the simplest to most complicated piece with my assistance.
- I suggest you pick your own project, something you would like to make
yourself rather than buying it. The lessons will cost you what I would
charge you if I would make it plus materials or $35/hr.
- I will teach you myself which will be a one-on-one lesson during the week or weekend without a time limit.
- Develop woodworking skills and understand the process of building
furniture. Also learn how to make curved and inlaid pieces.
- I have a strong background in design and layout specializing in solid wood inlays and curved pieces.
- Below is a testimonial from one of our students, Jim, who built spice racks for his wife (picture of the spice rack shown on the right):
“Will looked at my basic sketch for a plain spice rack & arranged different types of wood in a fan pattern and suggested this construction would make the rack a piece of art. After combining walnut, ash, Spalted maple, and purple heart, I am very proud of the resulting spice rack. Will helped with instructions for using various tools in his shop and techniques to assemble and glue the racks together. If you do not know exactly where to start, or need ideas to make your woodworking project more distinct, call Will.”
The final spice rack Jim made for his wife.
Will watches as Ellen cuts board to spec
Will watches as Ellen applies router lesson
Completed project: furniture that defines art!
Jesse & Will admire the chair he just built for his daughter finished rocker
This photo is copyright protected